Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fast Finisher: File Folder Games

Hey ya'll! Just got back from a refreshing week in the Bahamas! Ahhhh - life is good.

I posted a week or two ago about how to organize your puzzles. Remember that? You can check it out {here}. Anyways, I am trying to get everything situated for my fast finishers. Last year, I just had the same few things that students could do each day when they finished their work and let me tell ya, it got OLD. My kids were so over their options by December so it made for a long rest of the year. ha! I've posted my fast finishers chart so I can be reminded of what I have left to gather. Here it is:
I've got the puzzles, books, ABC games, Math games, marker boards, etc. I just needed to work on my file folder games. I had some file folder things that were a hot mess and again, in baggies. The ziplocs were worn and torn and had to be replaced - often! 
I grabbed a few packs of large manilla clasp envelopes from the Dollar Tree and begin organizing my folder games. Similar to my puzzles, I took pictures of what was inside the folders. 

Then, I printed off the picture and used contact paper to secure. I plan on laminating the folder itself once school starts but atleast they are ready!
Here they are! Whatcha think? Now my kinders can easily grab an envelope, head back to their seat, and work on a file folder game. How do you organize these?

8 comments:

Kindertrips said...

This is a great idea-your apple chart and cards look so great! Thank you for sharing this idea!
Jennifer
kindertrips

Erica said...

Fabulous!

Erica
Sprinkles to Kindergarten
erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

Tangelia C. said...

They look great! Is there a resource here online that you found these file folder games or did you buy them all?

Unknown said...

This is so smart!! :)

Kimberly
The Learning Tree

Lisa R. said...

I love this idea! I always have fast finishers & this is perfect. Thanks for sharing! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Keri said...

There are such cute and easy things for kinders to do! Love these ideas!

Heather's Heart said...

Your idea is even cuter in that apple chart! =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Mold Removal Bridgeport said...

This is a great post thankks